Conclusion and Comprehension
1. Once you have finished your orientation trials and statistical analyses, find at least two other groups and compare your
results with theirs. Are your results similar or different? How?
2. What are some external factors that you think might contribute to variation between groups? Why might some bugs in
some groups act differently than other bugs in other groups?
3. Describe three ways that you might make this experiment more controlled, meaning reduce the variation between
groups. (Hint: you can use the external factors you outlined in Question 2 for inspiration!)
4. Propose at least two follow-up experiments that you might do to learn more about magnetoreception in pill bugs, or
5. Brainstorm and describe one way that you think an increased understanding of the magnetic sense might be useful to